About the Challenge Grant
TIDE 2.0 scheme by MeitY aims to promote technology startups working in emerging technologies through financial and technical support. The Challenge Grant program by CIIE.CO under TIDE 2.0 scheme focuses on bringing out these tech-preneurs working on technologies such as IoT, robotics, AI-ML, blockchain and others in the domains of transportation, mobility, cleantech and renewable energy, environment, smart infrastructure, and sustainable living. This is a chance to become an Entrepreneur in Residence (EiR) and also receive a grant to develop your product.
We are looking for solutions that are addressing the following challenges.
Transportation and Mobility
- Increase vehicle’s efficiency and performance while reducing carbon footprint.
- Resolve vehicle related issues such as driver safety, vehicle diagnostics through intelligent tracking & monitoring.
- Provide predictive analysis for efficient route management of fleet & public transport by capturing & analysing data.
- Resolve problems influencing traffic management by monitoring of vehicle movements and vehicle identification.
- Improve the existing city infrastructure to make it a smart by retrofitting technology hardware/software products.
- Help build processes and protocols to better integrate knowledge & intelligence for a nationwide wide smart city stack.
- Strengthen the security of the existing smart devices,associated infrastructure via structural health monitoring, engineering advanced materials etc.
- Enable collection, management, analysis, dissemination and building insights basis of data for the city and its governance system.
- Build intelligent systems for civic bodies/civic tech.
Cleantech and Environment
- Prevent, detect, manage and cleanse air-borne pollutants in cost effective manner.
- Allow reuse of waste or industrial or municipal water using smart technologies.
- Focuses on usage of renewable energy such as solar, wind, hydro-thermal energy, etc.
- Turn waste to resources and utilise technology for sustainable waste management.
Who Should Apply?
- You are working full time on developing the solution and have the required expertise or relevant experience or knowhow for the same.
- Your solution can address any of the problem statements mentioned for this Challenge grant.
- Your solution is addressing a real or existing market demand or requirement.
- Your solution is at either of these stages: Prototype Development/ Minimum Viable Product/ Pilot / Product Development.
- Your final solution once developed has the potential to be quickly commercialised and scaled.
INR 4 lakhs as prototype validation and development grant to upto 2 Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EiRs)
INR 7 lakhs for product development to upto 2 startups
Customised hand-holding and problem-solving portfolio support for 6 months
Access to industry experts and professionals for guidance to build your product better and build networks
Access to co-working space and related services if based out of Ahmedabad
Specific functional and domain knowledge sessions to build better
Opportunity to pitch for follow-on funding under TIDE 2.0 and other CIIE.CO’s programs
6th July to 19th July, 2020
3rd August 2020
8th August 2020
14th August 2020
20th August 2020
I'm single founder working on an idea, will I be considered?
Yes, a single founder can apply for the program but would be willing to find a team with complementary skills soon enough.
Is it mandatory to have mentioned technology stack in the idea?
Yes, the mandate of this program is to support products/solutions with deep-tech/emerging technologies.
Do I have to pay fees for the program?
No, you do not have to pay any fees to apply to the program.
I have a few more questions about the program, how do I reach out?
Please email to:Eric Batliwala
For any queries, please send an email toEric Batliwala